CA3 - changes from 1st July

Discussion in 'CA3' started by Viki2010, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

Can someone confirm to me the changes?

If I am registered for a UK venue for 22 January. According to the explanation of the changes, I would need to submit my presentation a day before on 21 January and on the 22 January I would give the presentation as well as write the paper in the afternoon.

Whereas, the previous model for this exam was, 1 day for presentation and the written paper and day 2 was giving the presentation....

There also will be a special online application available 8 weeks beforehand (around 22 November) and I will be notified about its availability by email, correct?

2. David Wilmot

David Wilmot ActEd Tutor Staff Member

3. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

Thank you David.

Does it mean that the submission of the presentation will take at the exam venue in the UK or "from home"/"hotel" ?

Previously the day for making the presentation was also an exam day, but now I am not sure.....

I am just trying to figure out how to book tickets and travel to the UK now.....

4. David Wilmot

David Wilmot ActEd Tutor Staff Member

You submit your PowerPoint slides electronically (upload)... so you can do this from your home/hotel!

The next day you attend the venue to deliver your presentation and also sit the 'written' paper (using Microsoft Word).

5. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

Thank you. And how will I get the presentation material (assignment paper)? Is that sent to my mailbox a day before an exam? Or is it included in some sort of preparatory pack and sent weeks before an exam?

6. Assuming it works like the online exam, you'll get some software ~8 weeks' before. The paper appears in the software at a specific date and time and you then have a two hour window to download the paper, make the slides, and upload them.

Anyone doing the face to face, please correct me if I'm wrong.