CA2 - plz help

Discussion in 'CA2' started by SpringbokSupporter, Oct 8, 2008.

1. I just got the course notes for CA2 and will be writing the exam on 28 October 2008. Is it too late to start? What is the recommended study time? Does anyone have an outline of the exam? Will it require something like calculate the std deviation of a sample on excel and then need to type out a word doc outlining what the spreadsheet does?

2. CA2 student

CA2 student Member

The Institute recommend 20 hours study so you should be fine if you can fit that in before the exam.

3. Is it possible to get past papers on CA2? Apparently the exam is on a higher level that the sample projects

4. ?????

????? Member

What I've heard is that exams only get made available once they 'retire' them from the pool. Think then they are put on the website. But not all of the exercises there are past exams, so yes, the levels vary.

5. bystander

bystander Member

Don't think the task will be as simple as find a standard dev'n.

Rather than explain what the s'sheet does I think the idea is a clear audit trail on the actual calcs. The Word doc is around explaining assumptions/caveats and your findings.

Try the practise qns on the website

6. The practice questions on the website are a good place to do your preparation. The write-up is more important than the spreadsheet, so don't spend all the time in Excel, get out into Word too!

7. didster

didster Member

Project 1 and 2 on the profession's website are way below the exam standard. The other two 3 and 6 are supposed to be former exams but I found them to be slightly easier than my exam (perhaps it's the stress).

Acted has a sample project available as well if you have the time and inclination to do it.