CA2 on the day

Discussion in 'CA2' started by Mendoza2909, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Mendoza2909

Mendoza2909 Member

Hello,

I've been looking forward to CA2 for months and the day is almost upon me.

My questions is about what to do on the day(s). In general would people just do the exam at home? Or do it at the office as it's a working environment, and this is work of sorts? Having a printer to print out the exam is a definite plus. But I'm then concerned about being distracted by people who want to ask me stuff. My laptop is also very unreliable at the minute.

Regards.

2. bystander

bystander Member

Where do you feel most comfortable? That's important on the day. For me I wouldn't do it on the day at your desk. As you say you are a sitting duck for being disturbed and you don't want random noise interfering with the presentation either. If you must do it at work, book a private meeting room and make sure you book it completely around the time I've don't book it for just start and end of the exam. You want it half hour earlier so you can acclimatise, set up etc. If your laptop is unreliable, find a different one or borrow one. You don't want to be stressing about unreliable equipment either. Lastly, good luck!

3. Mendoza2909

Mendoza2909 Member

Thanks for that. Is there any software I need to download as part of the process? Like testing software?

4. bystander

bystander Member

Not sure. Check what it says in the exam entry instructions. Not quite sure what you have in mind with testing software.

5. Mendoza2909

Mendoza2909 Member

Fairly standard stuff, like a portal through which you would load files, ensure you are not copying pre-written stuff etc.