CA2 Exam Queries

Discussion in 'CA2' started by Ireland990, May 4, 2016.

1. Ireland990

Ireland990 Member

Hi, I have a couple of queries on the exam I was hoping you could help me with:
    • On the past papers section of the website it says that a model solution for the February paper will be available "shortly" after the results are published on Friday.. How soon is "shortly"? I would like to have a crack at an exam without access to a model solution (I've found I'm relying on the model solutions a lot!) but I feel it be a waste of time if the solutions aren't there before my exam on Monday/Tuesday next week.
    • Is there any preference from the examiners on what font/size we use in the audit trails and summaries?
    • I've noticed in the model solutions that sometimes in the audit trail and summaries the assumptions are listed in bold and sometimes they are not, what is the convention behind this?
    Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Steve Hales

Steve Hales ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Here are some answers:
    • "Shortly" can sometimes mean "quite a while" - don't rely on the model solutions being available before you need it. There are plenty of others to look at instead.
    • No. I'd just use the default settings in Excel and Word.
    • Formatting is only required to enhance readability. I wouldn't worry too much about the font weight - it's the content that's important!

3. Ireland990

Ireland990 Member

Thank you for the answers Steve - much appreciated.