CA2 Exam Queries

Discussion in 'CA2' started by Riya, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Riya

Riya Member

Hello Guys,

I have few queries on CA2 exam and format:
    • Is asking questions during the exam relevant now too as it is an online exam? If relevant, please could you guide on who is to be contacted?
    • I am just done with the session exams. What is the best approach to be exam ready for CA2 for May 2016 as I have little time left?
    • What happens on the exam day? Specifically, my question is how to access the exam paper and submit results?
    • I was just checking the Sept exam sitting availability (just in case I am not able to prepare by May), it doesn't allow me to select CA2.
    I would greatly appreciate your inputs.

2. bystander

bystander Member

First, focus on May. I presume you are entered.... I don't quite follow 'just in case I'm not able to prepare for May'. You have to prepare, it's that simple. Preparation: Maybe not consciously study all the time, but every time you create/amend a spreadsheet think how would this fair in CA2? If you are checking work, critique documentation. Make sure you are comfortable with the XL functions you may need. You are on your own in the exam. No help available with the assignment and you must not discuss it either. Retread the guide to the exam and how it is marked. If there are areas you know you find how, focus on these. Do the practise papers that are available.
    I think bullet 3 will be answered when they send you details one week before about how to access the paper. As for bullet 4, stop right now! This is showing negativity. You can't have doubts as they affect your performance. Put next chance completely out of your mind. May is your date.

Riya and Steve Hales like this.
  3. Riya

Riya Member

Many thanks Bystander, I now understand the help option during face to face CA2 in earlier exams isn't relevant for the online exam (I think the additional hints compensates this). I appreciate your candid feedback :)

4. Tarbuck

Tarbuck Member

Riya,

The best approach to be ready for the May exams is to do a Rocky style training montage. You should combine this car washing and house painting like from the karate kid. It may not feel like these help at the time, but in the exam I'm sure it will click into place.

5. Riya

Riya Member

Thank you Tarbuck :)