CA2 and CA3 woes

Discussion in 'CA3' started by CA2CA3, Aug 27, 2015.

1. CA2CA3

CA2CA3 Member

Hi all, I've been struggling with Ca2 and Ca3 :mad: :mad: are there any tips and suggestions to try for my next attempt for these two subjects, will be much appreciated. TIA!

2. LastHurdles

LastHurdles Member

You're not alone! I've had two attempts at both CA2 and CA3 and still haven't passed! Got FB in my first at attempt for each and for the second attempts the institute still haven't put up my results (CA2 in Feb 2015 old format).

With only SA3 left for the written papers it feels as though qualifying is a long way away....

Hopefully the new format for CA2 helps me out with timings.

Any suggestions on how to nail these would be welcome :)

3. David Wilmot

David Wilmot ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Sorry... I have no 'magic bullets'! :mad:

My best advice for both exams is to get quality feedback on some attempts at exam-level questions. Both exams test skills more than knowledge and it is hard to self-appraise. The examiners are looking for specific skills to be demonstrated in specific ways, so even if you are deemed 'good at modelling' and/or 'good at communicating' in another context (e.g. at work), that doesn't mean you are doing what the exmainers want to see.

So, make sure you know what they are looking for (i.e. what the marking schedule contains), practice delivering that and get quality feedback from someone who also knows what the examiners are looking for! :D

4. bystander

bystander Member

Firstly, stay calm and give believe you can do it. On the day don't think oh here we go again. It's a fresh exam. So make sure you prepare afresh too. If you are in a big office and a colleague passed at your sitting, pick their brains and maybe it will give insight between you and them

What you can try is work out why you didn't pass last time. The same with any exam written or practical. Study past solutions carefully which isn't easy because it's less black and white.

If you are thinking about counselling in just one, I'd say go with ca3 because I think most people let themselves down in ca2 on audit trails rather than the mechanics.

Remember victory will be yours