CA1 Mnemonics

Discussion in 'CA1' started by pig, Mar 9, 2007.

1. pig

pig Member

I have submitted my list - any updates welcomed! :D

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2008
  2. Gareth

Gareth Member

nice lists. who else thinks that the profession is a bit sad in making us learn pointless lists? it certainly doesn't inspire creativity in us.

3. King

King Member

Learning lists is hardly compulsory. I for one don’t find them useful. Some of them are ridiculous (the pneumonics) . They might help the mediocre candidate scrape the core marks but if you’re reliant upon then – well – don’t expect them to guarantee a pass.

4. Gareth

Gareth Member

ah yes, but if you don't know them, you are pretty certain to fail as all the other candidates will know them.

i love the list about characteristics of a professional...that really is the most pointless thing i've read in all the exams.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2007
  5. Anna Bishop

Anna Bishop ActEd Tutor Staff Member

A word of warning

Great mnemonics guys but be really, really, really careful in using them! The examiners are commenting that many students are simply braindumping mnemonics in the exam without thinking about what the question is actually asking. Unless the question is:

- list the X factors relating to Y

then you can't just get away with putting a mnemonic down. You need to make sure you can describe the points, ie that you know the Core Reading that goes with the item in the mnemonic and, equally importantly, that you tailor to the specific information given in the exam question.

Even if it is a list question, you need to make sure that your answer is pretty spot on with the Core Reading. Some mnemonics (admittedly including ActEd's own) will deviate a little from the Core Reading in order to create a nice mnemonic.

:rolleyes: