CA1, CA2 and CA3

Discussion in 'CA1' started by limamichelle, May 22, 2014.

1. limamichelle

limamichelle Active Member

Can i do all three together? i know CA1 is comparable to 3 CT's, but what is CA2 and CA3 compared to? i plan to start studying after the results for my final CT in July, (i have passed all my CT's first time taking 2 at a time each sitting)

My plan is not to do anything this September (i'm taking ITIL Exams, taking a small break, and I also herd CA1 is a lot to remember):

Apr 15: CA1, CA2 & CA3
    Sep 15: ST9 (plus any failed from above)

What say ye?

Regards

2. cjno1

cjno1 Member

CA2 and CA3 are very different animals to any of the other papers.

In terms of effort, I would actually say that they are each less effort than a single CT, but only if you are effective in the studying you put in. I would say that (for me at least) studying for CA2 and CA3 was about 2-5% reading notes and then 95%+ doing past exam papers.

Unfortunately you won't be able to attempt all three of these at the same time, since you need to pass CA1 before you are allowed to apply for CA3. But you can do CA1 and CA2 together and, whilst this is a rather large workload, passing both is definitely achieveable.

Passing them both would then allow you to tackle CA3 and ST9 together in the September sitting.