CA or Actuary or Both !?

Discussion in 'Careers' started by sahildh, Oct 25, 2014.

1. sahildh

sahildh Member

Hi guys, I am from India and am currently pursuing Chartered Accountancy course. I have cleared IPCC(Intermediate) and only my finals are due. As required by the CA course crrently I am undergoing my intership which is for a period of 3 years.
    I have very keen interest in Maths and Stats and I am really wanting to pursue the Acturial course. Infact I m giving my ACET exam this December.
    I feel that I should drop my CA course and continue actuary full fledgedly as pursuing both the courses together is very difficult.
    I just wanted to know that do you all think that my dropping CA desicion would be right ? And moreover even if I pursue both the courses, does CA in any way contribute to the Acturial course ? Moreover what would be the job prospects of pursuing both the courses together?

Thanks guys, your advice would be highly apprecited.:)

2. Hemant Rupani

Hemant Rupani Senior Member

I dropped to study CA course after passing IPCC....... TO become an actuary. Do whatever you wanted to.
    but if you're wanna be an Actuary just because of handsome salary, then it'll not be so easier.
    Go for your interest.... Job market is not so good in india.....
    Pursuing both course together will help you initially, but ultimately you will have to work as any one profession.

3. sahildh

sahildh Member

So bro do you find it benificial dropping CA and pursuing Actuary?

4. Hemant Rupani

Not yet! Actually employers looking for people with good studious background beside Actuarial. Like graduation degree. So I could not apply for any post, as Half degree has no value.

5. sahildh

sahildh Member

So u think I should continue with CA?

And what about pursuing both together?

6. Hemant Rupani

I think nothing. I just said do whatever you wanted to. Do what you love.

Pursuing both together will help you get a good job initially, but after some years you'll be considered only as an Actuaryor a CA.