Basics for CT 5

Discussion in 'CT5' started by sainigaurav1982, Jun 30, 2008.

1. hi... i will be taking CT 5 from IAI, India in this coming Oct/Nov.... due to financial crunch i will not be taking any professional coaching..will be self studying....

have taken CT 1, 3 and 7...in May 08.... got to know from various people that CT 5 is an extension of Annuities done in CT 1 .....

if anyone can help me by stating the topics i needed to be thorough with before starting CT 5 ...it will be of immense help...

Thanks....

waiting eagerly for ur helpful replies.....

2. *Ted*

*Ted* Member

You're right - some of CT5 is kind of an extension of CT1 as it deals with annuities. In CT5, though, the annuities are not certain to be paid and include a probability of payment (depending on whether the person has survived to receive the payment or not).

There's also bits of CT3 (knowing about probabilities/random variables and how to calculate expectations and variances is important) and some formulae from CT4 (though these are reintroduced in CT5).

I also found you need to be able to integrate and understand some stuff about differential equations, too.

Hope this helps you. Good luck!