AUgust 2015 Paper1

Discussion in 'CA3' started by vikky, Jan 29, 2017.

1. vikky

vikky Ton up Member

Hi
    The general theme has always been that we should have a summary for paper 1. Whilst my solution did have this , the examiners report doesnt have a summary
    Cant think of any reason as to why this might be the case
    Tutors?

2. Pede

Pede Member

I would always have a summary. Indeed, the examiners' report (comment 6) says "better scripts concluded with a summary...".
    But they also say at the start "this is not intended to be a model solution".
    So I guess they just chose to miss it out for some reason, which shows they're not looking for perfection I guess.

3. bystander

bystander Member

It's communication so there are no hard and fast rules, but summaries are often a good and useful end. I usually have one. But this doesn't mean you need a paragraph headed summary. In the suggested answer, they do restate the cause of the problem so it's a summary of sorts albeit not numerical. They also pinpoint action as a next step - a good move in a complaint scenario. And the other point made in bullet 6 is present: the opportunity for further discussion.

4. David Wilmot

David Wilmot ActEd Tutor Staff Member

I completely agree Pede. Our sample solution (in ActEd's ASET) contains a summary.

5. almost_there

almost_there Member

Because there's no consistency at all going on. Summary can also be interpreted as unnecessary repetition. Just hope that whoever marks whatever you do likes what you do, whatever that may be.