August 1 - 24% pass rate

Discussion in 'CA3' started by male1985, Oct 26, 2012.

1. male1985

male1985 Member

50 enter, 12 pass. Discuss.

2. econkong

econkong Member

Although I have got no idea about what the historical pass rates are, this looks REALLY low...:eek:

3. zhin2000

zhin2000 Member

That result is for the online version of CA3 which has a lot of overseas students, so the pass rate would be expected to be relatively low. Why? Because some don't have English as the first language, making it difficult to express oneself. Another reason is that what constitutes good communication is different in different countries, but the UK examining body, quite reasonably, wants what conforms to its country. If you look at pass rates for the 3-hr exams beyond the mathematical subjects, you find these are very, very low relative to the UK.

Overall pass rate for CA3 is around the high 30s to low 40s. If you're overseas and don't have English as your first language, and you've not been educated in a country with English as the first language, panic. If not, also panic, but maybe a little less.

4. male1985

male1985 Member

???

I am not sure I buy this. 21/22 Feb was also online. This had a 42% pass rate. 38 entered, 16 passed. However, there was another online exam with a 19% pass rate; 37 entered, 7 passed. These are the only online exams I can identify for this year (over 20 sitting). My guess is the 19% (July 4) and 24% pass rate exams (Aug 1) are related. They were four weeks apart.

5. calibre2001

calibre2001 Member

The Feb sitting could have been a pilot sitting.

The official online CA3 started in July with 19% pass rate.

The first official CA3 online retailer test had 24% pass rate.
    I'm not sure but there could be a lot of UK candidates who took this, so the language argument might not always hold.

Maybe it's the questions. Maybe the online version has tougher questions since it can be downloaded unlike the centre exam?

6. bystander

bystander Member

never forget the fat thatit is the aim to pass only those that deserve to pass so if the quality isn't there fopr that paper the rate should fall. Whilst it looks awful, maybe it will act as a warning to be well prepared for the exam as when somethig is ne, there may have been some taking it as ab 'easy' option and so not really that prepared or, being online, the adrenalin doesn't flow as well, keeping a performance low. Some people thrive on the arenalin buzz of the traditonal exams.

7. kd3010

kd3010 Member

July 16th this year - 17.5% passed (7 out of 40).

Unfortunately not one of the seven!

8. bystander

bystander Member

Don't worry about the pass rate as such. Do you know why you didn't make the cut? Its only YOUR performance that matters. Learn from your mistakes. Its all about technique so the more conscious you become about what makes a good communicator, the more you can modify your own. Best of luck.

9. tiger

tiger Member

Unfortunately in the same boat myself.
    No way of knowing why one failed as there's no examiners report, unless you pay for the counselling.

10. almost_there

almost_there Member

That's the problem really, that a fail means not just paying to resit but also paying to get counselling, more acted products / marking etc.