Attention Admin

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Goku, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Goku

Goku Member

ADMINISTRATORS! ARE YOU BLIND? HOW CAN YOU LET SUCH FILTH APPEAR ON THIS RESPECTABLE FORUM?!

:mad:

2. capitalH

capitalH Member

Goku, I don't think the administrators are on the forum full time.

Also, most of them is probably based in the UK, where work has not yet started.

To avoid something like this:

1. Administrators can patrol the forum full time, increasing costs
    2. All posts be moderated, meaning you will get huge delays in posting and getting responses.
    3. You receive forum access only when you buy something from ActEd. This will hopefully not exclude anyone, but will mean that spammers will need to fork out a few pounds - and then they will go somewhere else.

3. is the only viable alternative to the status quo in my opinion.

3. Goku

Goku Member

Yes, you're right Capital in that they can't continuosly monitor each and every post but these are graphics - it wouldn't take them long to spot it. If I was an administrator, I'm sure I would be required or obligated to log in atleast once a day. Even if I couldn't, sure another administrator would, and therefore pick up these things, and immediately remove them.

Well, I shouldn't have clicked on that post in any case! :eek: but I never expected to see that!! Lucky none of colleagues were around!

4. Goku

Goku Member

option (3.) of your list of 'solutions' is quite plausible - only those who purchase from ActEd can be members of their forum. They can then extend it to those are member's of the various Actuarial institutes/associations/faculties.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2009
  5. Goku

Goku Member

cool, it's been removed. Rant over

6. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Sorry folks - the odd one slips through. Please report any inappropriate posts and we'll remove them as soon as we can.

7. Goku

Goku Member

cool, no worries...just waiting to read through the exam discussion forums as soon as they're available :)