Assignments VS Past Exam Papers

Discussion in 'CT1' started by jlstroh, Aug 11, 2016.

1. jlstroh

jlstroh Member

Hi,

With only a few weeks left I will not have enough time to work through all the assignments (I haven't done any of them yet) and work through past exam papers. Should I rather focus on past exam papers or rather focus on the assignments?

2. bystander

bystander Member

Try a couple of past papers first and see if there are any topics that give you big problems. If there are drop back to the relevant assignment and try qns there to help improve bearing in mind they may not be of the same standard as the exam. If it's not knowledge issues, stick with past papers and whichever, use full conditions or don't use books. Next time, leave enough room to do assignments as you progress through the course as they help consolidate your learning earlier

MHKKHM and John Lee like this.
  3. jlstroh

jlstroh Member

Thank you! I have very limited time to study as I am working full time (as a project manager/process engineer, nothing to do with finances) and I have two kids age 6 and 2. I can basically only study over weekends so I am trying to do as much as I can with the little time I have. I will focus on the exam papers first then and see if I have time left for anything else.

4. bystander

bystander Member

It's how much quality you get in when you study. So yes, actively trying questions is the way rather than read and think what you would do.

jlstroh likes this.
  5. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

I was working full time and had 3 kids. I managed to work on tube journeys and in the evenings after the children had gone to bed. There's a couple of extra hours there every day which will soon add up.

MHKKHM and jlstroh like this.