Assessment Centre numeracy test practice books

Discussion in 'Careers' started by Phil, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Phil

Phil Member

Hi

In just over a weeks time I've got a graduate assessment centre which will feature a numeracy test.

I have tried a number of practice books and none of them have tested me to the same level as graduate actuarial assessment centres. e.g. I have found the last 2 assessment centres have contained many questions based on graphs and there are hardly any such questions in the 4 books I've tried.

So does anyone know any books with practice questions of the same level of difficulty as you can expect in a graduate actuarial assessment centre?

Thanks

Phil

2. kanch

kanch Member

More tests you do the better you get and far as I know there aren't many books around that will help you with the real test.

Try http://www.shl.com/shl/uk for some free online tests and you may find some are very similar to the actual test. Try searching on the web you might find some more free stuff.

Practice these online tests and If you in UNI your careers centre may have more and most importantly be confident.

Good Luck

Other : If you have come across any good books I would like to hear.

Cheers

3. Phil

Phil Member

I was really annoyed when I scored around 100% in the SHL website and told that I answer quicker than the average, and then at a real assessment centre featuring far more graph based questions I scored only around 30%

4. Cymro Card

Cymro Card Member

Tho' it's good to practice these things to boost yr confidence, I wouldn't be too concerned about this... my contact in HR says they're mainly to "weed out" those who are applying to jobs above their station... as long as you pass it will make little difference to what score you got to whether you get offered the job.

That'll come down to all the other interviews!! :eek:

Good luck!

5. M1ke

M1ke Member

practice test

When I was preparing for these assessment centres I remember doing a very good practice test on the JP Morgan website. I dont know of it has changed in the last few years but was very much like the real actuarial ones with graphs and stuff.

http://www.360career.com/content/content_98.htm

6. Phil

Phil Member

Thanks M1ke that site looks and sounds good but I haven't had a go at it yet. I want to save the best til last :)