April 22nd 2009 - what did you think of a paper?

Discussion in 'CT8' started by mrs_a_hayes, Apr 22, 2009.

1. mrs_a_hayes

mrs_a_hayes Member

As above. Went through the paper and IMHO it was very straight forward. Didn't remember everything, but having gone through the past papers, the only question I could not recall seeing before was the second part of 9th question.
    How is general feeling out there?

2. Falak Soomro

Falak Soomro Member

The paper just did went fine. Can't recall where it came from altogether, but wasn't too difficult. I expect the cut-off rate would rise! Q9 was indeed bit tricky as i left it till the end and was unable to do so. However, it was a lengthy paper.

"Cross Fingers" All the best to everyone!

3. vol101

vol101 Member

I thought the paper was fair. Q1 bw,Q2 bw. Q4 on efficient frontiers was ok. A few people I spoke to after the exam failed to remember that with a risk-free asset the efficient frontier becomes a straight line. Q7(ii) I thought was tricky but it in the end it was not as bad. The trick was to use the Independent increment assumption of SBM. Q9(ii) was the most tricky but if you knew what they wanted the answer comes out quickly.
    I was very interested when I read the above link because when I came out of the exam, people were hating it and I was worried I did something wrong :)

Anyway I hope the exam went well for everyone and will be holding thumbs!

4. capitalH

capitalH Member

Agree with the above posts. Not many tricks involved. The funny option was fairly easy (or easier than some we have seen in the past). Second part of Q9 was difficult. Was lengthy though, esp some of the "wordy" questions.