April 2024 Exams

Discussion in 'CP1' started by Mansi Bahuguna, Sep 25, 2023.

1. Mansi Bahuguna

Mansi Bahuguna Made first post

Hi,

I am planning to give CP1 in April 2024 sitting. I believe the new type of exam sitting will be applicable by then (leading by the emails from IFOA that the institute is going in this direction).
    I am not exactly how sure how it will work but I assume that when this comes into play, it will have the students switching on the video cameras. So far, the exams that we have been giving have been open book exams where we were free to refer to materials for any quick reference.

I have a question that if the video cameras will be switched on in April 2024, can we still refer to materials meaning will it still be an open book exam? I wanted to understand this beforehand so that the learning of the core reading material can be done accordingly.

Regards,
    MB

2. James Nunn

James Nunn ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi Mansi

The IFoA exams will still be open book following changes to how these exams are delivered. The IFoA are planning to publish more information on this well before the April 2024 exams (ie months rather than weeks before the next exams is the expectation) to allow you to understand the changes better. All the best with your studies.

vidhya36 likes this.