1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

April 2021

Discussion in 'SP5' started by 1495_sc, Apr 8, 2022.

1. 1495_sc

1495_sc Ton up Member

Hello,

Can someone help in clarifying these questions from April 2021 session?

Q4- part v)

The term of risk free rates given isn't very clear to me. For calculating forward price for 2 year forward, are we assuming that risk free rate is for 2 year period and not as at given date? In the accumulation factor, I was assuming 1.2% for year 1, 1.3% for year 2 and so on until I looked at the solution.

Also, when calculating total profit/loss on each forward, the final step is giving me a different answer. For example, for 1 year forward, total profit=

2.76 (same as Examiners report) *1500000 (number of forward contracts purchases, assuming 1 metric tonne per contract)= 4140000
    but the solution in the report is 4134940. Am I missing something?

Similar concern with 2 year and 3 year contracts.

Thank you!

2. 1495_sc

1495_sc Ton up Member

Q2.

part iv)

The formula quoted in Core Reading for xd adjustment is

xdi,t = (Di,t * N i,t )/B(t-1)

I could not follow the definition of B(t-1).

This part of the question is a direct application of core reading but why is B(t-1)= (2050/1000) here? Why would we consider the whole market capitalisation (2050 vs only 450 for company 2 and 5) when we are calculating xd adjustment only for 2 companies? Understanding the meaning of B(t-1) should answer this I suppose. Please help.