April 2020 - SA3 Exam

Discussion in 'SA3' started by leechang, May 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. leechang

leechang Member

How did everyone find this exam?

I found that it was a bit time pressured. 20 marks on ENID's was a bit too much but I guess they gave us 3 questions and it did somewhat relate to the syllabus which was good especially Exit Strategy, Lloyd's

I also struggled with understanding the key loss drivers following an RITC.

2. laura_mils

laura_mils Member

Yeah similar, it felt time pressured. I had spent time speeding up my typing in the run up to the exam too, just about finished in the time.
    It felt in line with past papers, some difficult bit and other bits which was related to the syllabus and ideas which had come up in past papers.
    I found the premium estimate question difficult to know what was wanted (other than a number of course!) I wasn't exactly sure how to rationalise that.
    I thought the end parts of Q3, the earlier part of Q2 and last part of Q1 were the most challenging for me.

3. TheActuary

TheActuary Member

Does anyone here know what the pass mark for SA3 was?

I've been refreshing the site for 50 odd minutes and managed to get the results letter, however failed with a mark of 60.

Any passes?

4. M_Actuary

M_Actuary Member

Can't seem to find the pass marks, thought they would be in the examiners reports but those don't seem to have been uploaded to the website yet. Even though the title in "Past Exam Papers" section says 'exam and examiners reports' for 2020

Also according to this forum: https://www.acted.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/april-2020-results.16394/page-1 the reason why they require you to log in to My Account is due to GDPR. Apparently we are also supposed to get our mark breakdown with our result letter but doesn't look like the Institute have done that.

5. TheActuary

TheActuary Member

Did you pass? If so, do you mind revealing your mark?

6. M_Actuary

M_Actuary Member

Unfortunately I'm in the fail camp with 58. Irritated with the IFoA that they haven't published the pass mark!

7. TheActuary

TheActuary Member

Sorry to hear M_Actuary, hopefully we weren’t too far off!

M_Actuary likes this.
  8. Carlson

Carlson Made first post

60 failed, it would be better to include pass mark on the exam results letter.

TheActuary likes this.
  9. TurnipKing

TurnipKing Keen member

From speaking with people, it looks like the pass mark was 63