April 2014

Discussion in 'CT8' started by limamichelle, May 6, 2014.

1. limamichelle

limamichelle Active Member

I think its now safe- how was it?

There was that random question (question 7 i believe), i couldn't for the life of me figure out what i was supposed to do. I also spent a long time on one random question, that looked like a forever calculation and gave up! I cant remember now what it was about until the exam paper is released.

How do you think it compared to other papers? i thought last Septembers' paper was relatively the easiest i had done (i went back to 2009)

2. JRB1304

JRB1304 Member

I failed last sitting, retook this time and didn't come out knowing I had failed! I was a bit annoyed there wasn't a binomial tree question, but in hindsight I think it might help me pass.

Question 7 was pants, no idea on that one. I liked question 1, but I only found out about that material a few weeks before the exam, so I hope I answered it sufficiently!

Overall, it was an o.k paper. I just hope I don't have to sit ct8 again XD

3. ad.bango

ad.bango Member

Couldn't agree with you guys more about Q7! Had no clue where to start - 9 marks gone with the wind. I thought it was a fairly manageable paper but knowing the IoA.... I pray I did enough to pass though.

4. Shillington

Shillington Member

Remind me again what was question 7 all about?

I can't remember there being any questions which were all gone.

5. s_shah

s_shah Member

Question 7 was the weird black scholes question if I'm not wrong... Overall the paper was okay!

6. charly27

charly27 Member

I thought the same on question 7, I managed to do something but not sure if it's what the examiners were actually looking for!!

Thought Q1 on behavioural finance was nice, although I'm not sure if I covered enough to get the full 10 marks on offer. I was disappointed with the lack of binomial models question!

7. phani987

phani987 Member

For Question 7, I wrote the black scholes PDE equation which is given in the tables involving the greeks and tried to find the solution by finding these greeks through differentiation.

I mentioned the boundary condition in a very generic way.

Please let me know did I commit a mistake. thanks is advance.