April 2014 exam

Discussion in 'CT6' started by Chaudhry, May 6, 2014.

1. Chaudhry

Chaudhry Member

I hope we allowed to post now. Any thoughts on the exam paper?

John would you be doing your video analysis anytime soon?

Thanks

2. h.hasanov

h.hasanov Member

Too Long

I think the exam was just too long :(

3. I thought there was nothing straight forward, every time I got to a new a question, I thought it would be ok, and then realise each time that it wasn't. The only straight forward question I think was the run-off triangle. I guess question 1 was straight forward too. Question 2 was very odd. The people I spoke to when I came out thought the same as me

4. Pepps

Pepps Member

This pretty much sums up my thoughts. Having flicked through the paper at the start I was feeling confident but quickly ran into trouble!

Time was really tight too, looks like I'll be doing this one again unfortunately.

5. KeyurShah

KeyurShah Member

When will the question paper be available on the website?

6. jm_kinuthia

jm_kinuthia Member

Apart from being long, i think the exam was fair with the questions being straightforward. I however do think that qn 2 was abit odd.

7. johnpe21

johnpe21 Member

I agree with pinkpoodle2820, there were some questions looking ok at the beginning but turning out to be more tricky... I definetely agree that it was really long..

8. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Thanks for your private message jm_kinuthia but I can't reply as you're inbox is full.

I would love to produce a CT6 YouTube review but time is a little against me at the moment. Currently producing 4 YouTube videos for the CAA course and trying to then produce the materials very quickly as the Profession has brought their launch much much closer than originally planned!

9. Chaudhry

Chaudhry Member

Thanks John really appreciate your efforts.

10. jm_kinuthia

jm_kinuthia Member

Noted John.

Your thoughts on the exam ?

11. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Overall was slightly messier than the last paper - but there was enough "nice" (ie been asked before) stuff to score.

Q2 on the bus fare was a bit odd

Q8 on Monte Carlo had a nasty part (iv) which required CT3 knowledge of CIs

Q11i Messy algebra on the express \(\alpha\) and \(\beta\) in term s of \(\mu\) and \(\sigma\) but rest was lovely.

Q12 time series - gorgeous but lots of algebra!