April 2013 Exam

Discussion in 'SP5' started by sonnyshook, Apr 29, 2013.

1. sonnyshook

sonnyshook Member

Easy paper I feel. Heaven-sent.

I like the footballers question. Not very fair on people who don't know about the transfer market and that players values are linked to their position, skills and goals.

2. BeckyBoo

BeckyBoo Member

I'm not sure I agree with that somewhat inflammatory statement(!), i.e. that the paper was heaven-sent. I would consider myself to be a well prepared student (I didn't get less than 60% on a past paper and averaged 64% over the 12 past papers I attempted) and I found the paper tricky and know I'm not alone on that.

I have to agree though that I liked the footballer question (and I don't know anything about football, transfer markets or player's value!)

3. sonnyshook

sonnyshook Member

Haha. I am just trolling. It was a terrible paper. I didn't like the exam even the footballer question. The awkwardness of virtually every question was unsettling - not very comforting.

Its like going into a room and looking for a chair to sit on and not finding it. Even when you decide to sit on an apparently empty seat you realise its 3-legged. I felt as if there were no comfortable chairs for me to sit. I had to stand the entire time.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2013
  4. BeckyBoo

BeckyBoo Member

Haha!! That made me laugh because it rang so true!! I read the first question and thought "hmm, not ideal, any way move on" then the second question and thought "ok, not great but still, the rest of the paper must be GREAT" then I read the third question (the bond-like asset one) and thought "I would rather go home than waste the next 3 hours sitting this paper". I read through the paper about 3 times looking for an easy question that I could sink my teeth into to build up some confidence, but alas couldn't find one!!

5. sonnyshook

sonnyshook Member

Was the paper OK for anyone?

Can anyone who thinks the ST5 exam was easy or manageable tell us why? And what mark they expect to get. It would really help to get a different perspective.

BeckyBoo so whats your next paper. I'm doing SA5. Just downloading my ebook now.

6. BeckyBoo

BeckyBoo Member

I'm also doing SA5... I ordered the materials including the ebook yesterday but haven't received the ebook token yet!

7. Imidinho

Imidinho Member

What would the pass mark range be for a difficult ST exam? 50 to 60? Or even lower?

8. sonnyshook

sonnyshook Member

One thing is for sure, they are not afraid to lower the pass rate for STs to even to 30%. So the pass mark can remain at 50% or more but the pass rate would be 31%!