April 2012

Discussion in 'CT6' started by Scotty, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Scotty

Scotty Member

What did everyone think?

Scotty

2. gnarly

gnarly Member

Very hard and long.

3. Calum

Calum Member

I'd agree with that; I found it tough, although I feel I made a reasonable crack at everything I attempted. However I left a good twenty odd marks unanswered, so I don't think this will be my last visit to this sub-forum!

4. mrs_a_hayes

mrs_a_hayes Member

Brutal... did try to write in as much as possible to hopefully pass on the marginal marks (one hopes that they'd give you half a mark here and a mark there, which would tip you over the pass line)... It was my first time sitting CT6, so I'm already back to reading it over for October.

Any suggestions for study techniques are welcome!

5. Knowslian

Knowslian Member

I'm rather surprised, I felt the CT6 April 2012 paper wasn't that bad to be honest (both in complexity and length).

Though, that question on the cereal packets was tricky; and I particularly struggled with the Scaled Deviance Testing of means and the alogorithm part towards the end.

So you never know how well you "really" did until results day!

Best of luck!

6. Missannuity

Missannuity Member

I agree, it was pretty tough and also very long. I wasn't expecting to be so tight for time in CT6, and I didn't feel that I was working particularly slowly or spending too long on any one question. I also missed out a fair few marks, partly due to time and partly because I didn't know how to do them! Fingers crossed I've done enough, but I'm not sure.

Glad most other folk found it tricky too though.

7. OzActuary

OzActuary Member

I found this exam very tough. I wasn't really caught for time - but probably just because there was so much of the exam I wasn't able to do! Ruin theory was my one big weakpoint going into the exam also and typically then that came up as the most marks question!
    Glad to hear others found it tough too though!

8. avatar_karma

I agree it was tough, and I counted that I left ~20 marks as well.

Hoping that it is my first AND last visit to this thread!