April 2012 exam

Discussion in 'CT1' started by skhurana, May 2, 2012.

1. skhurana

skhurana Member

Hi,

I think it is now ok to post about exam.

How do you all think it went?

I think it was a pretty easy exam but was very very lengthy. The question of probability was exactly the same as the one April 2010. I am particularly mentioning this as this was my least preapred topic.

The question on Reddington theory was bit different from what has been examined in provious exam paper.

How do you all think about this exam.

2. tirmizi

tirmizi Member

Yeah I think it was quite an easy exam, none of the questions were particularly challenging and best of all there weren't any mind boggling theoretical questions cuz i hate those. :D

3. andreirubeli

andreirubeli Member

andrei

yes, the questions were pretty straightforward, but I didn't have any spare time to actually think about what I was going to write :) hope i didn't make huge mistakes
    we'll see in less than 2 months the results

4. avatar_karma

Doing CT6 and CT8 at the same time as doing this, I think I definitely took this one a bit lightly. Hopefully scrape through.

5. Mr. Actuary

Mr. Actuary Member

Pass mark and question 6

What does everyone reckon the pass mark might? Also how did everyone answer question 6? Was it just discounting the coupons and redemption value at GRY? All kinds of opinion would be very much appreciated.

6. avatar_karma

Passed all three, happy as Larry. Good luck all, hope you went well as well.

7. skhurana

skhurana Member

Passed :)

8. High91

High91 Member

Exactly this happened to me...:( I attempted questions of around 80 marks(of which most of them I think should be correct) What do you think guys are my chances of passing????
    Please tell..m tensed..!!:confused:

9. avatar_karma

I think the majority of people would only answer ~80% of the paper, maybe even less. Passing or not depends on your quality of answers. If you think the majority of those answers are correct then you should be fine.

Aren't your marks out already anyway?

10. High91

High91 Member

No, they are not..have yours??
    I have appeared from India btw..

11. avatar_karma

I'm in Australia, results got released on Friday and I got my letter from the Institute today.

12. High91

High91 Member

From India..
    Results yet to be released..
    Probably in a month's time...:)

13. andreirubeli

andreirubeli Member

Passed!

Will I receive a letter from the Institute? I didn't know that

14. skhurana

skhurana Member

I sat as a non-member and passed but I have not received any letter from the Institute yet :(