April 2012 Exam

Discussion in 'CT2' started by ntalwar, Apr 30, 2012.

1. ntalwar

ntalwar Member

Hello Everybody,

Hope you had a good exam session in the last two weeks. I took CT2 and it went ok. I'm not sure about my answers to the last two questions though and think my pass/fail really depends on them. I missed out on two parts of question 20 due to lack of time so really don't know, hopefully the pass mark won't be too high.

I was really surprised there were no numerical questions (except just part two of the 19th question worth 3 marks)! The last few years exam papers had a reasonable amount of calculations so I didn't really expect 100% theory in the exam.

The depreciation question (question 19) blew me away and took me over 40 mins to answer.

How did you guys do?

Regards

2. A very strange one. All past papers had either accounting ratios or construction of accounts (sometimes both). I think a lack of these will lower the average mark and the pass mark.

I answered all questions and wrote a LOT. Let’s hope I wrote what they wanted…:D

3. kylie jane

kylie jane Member

It was a VERY different exam and a very long exam. All the practice exams took me about 2 hours to complete max and for this one I was struggling to finish. Also a 20 point question on depreciation.. just nasty! Oh well, it is done now.. and the wait begins!:)

4. mmmmmm

mmmmmm Member

I agree the last two questions were a bit funny. Both seemed to stretch a fairly small syllabus item over 20 marks.

Rest I thought was OK, apart from one or two tricky MC and one or two tricky 5 markers.

5. Tele76

Tele76 Member

Yeah, I was hoping to sweep up a few easy marks with the last two questions, which were usually fairly straightforward discounted cashflow and accounting statements questions in the past papers.

It's annoying when the stuff you spend the most time practicing doesn't even come up in the exam!

Anyway, I'm really not sure how I did on this one. I wrote a lot, but it may have been mostly drivel, ...