April 2011 CA1 Exams

Discussion in 'CA1' started by rshenoy, Apr 29, 2011.

1. rshenoy

rshenoy Member

Pls to pool thoughts. I thought CA1-I was relatively simpler. I have answered all questions in both papers with only about 10 marks in paper II outright wrong. I am not sure I have made enough points though. Fingers crossed, hope I pass. Comforting/ encouraging comments welcome.

2. flowerfairy

flowerfairy Member

Hi

I was the opposite, i found paper 2 a lot better than paper 1. With paper 1, I thought a lot of the questions could be answered by anyone, with no study really needed ! which made me worry that the answers that the examiners were looking for could be anything at all, and it would be quite hard to get exactly what they were looking for.

Paper 2 was a bit more "standard" and bookworky so it was easier to know what was needed.

just my opinion though !

Good luck to you

3. dgw201

dgw201 Member

Hmm, I'm of the same opinion as rshenoy. I thought the first paper seemed pretty soft, whilst I found the second much harder - the questions were far more ambiguous and I found it difficult to make enought points to score well.

Really have no idea whether I've passed.

4. rshenoy

rshenoy Member

I got an FA :-(. Any sense in appealing?? With it being triple marked and all that ....

5. andy orodo

andy orodo Member

I was of the opinion that with the exam being marked 3 times the chances of the grade being overturned would be pretty slim. Given that an FA is now so close though it might be worth doing.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has successfully appealed in the past. I've never met anyone who appealed their grade before

6. bystander

bystander Member

If you have to fund it yourself, remember if the result stands you gain nothing. They don't tell you why.

Although you still have to resit, I think counselling is the better option.

And no, never known anyone to have a successful appeal...but it can happen.

7. andy orodo

andy orodo Member

I never known anyone to appeal at all, successfully or unsuccessfully!