April 2010 =(

Discussion in 'CT6' started by black_bird, Apr 20, 2010.

1. black_bird

black_bird Member

there must be something fundamentally wrong about how i studied for ct6....
    i did as much work as i could, did 7 years of past papers, walked into the exam and felt like everything is new again! well they all look familiar but i couldn't tell what exactly the examiners are looking for....how to score the right marks.... and it takes me so long to come up with the right solution, I ran out of the time.

I will probably need to resit, what shall I do to improve????

2. mattt78

mattt78 Member

CT6 April 2010

I found a few questions a bit confusing too

The last question started with 5 easy marks for EBCT Model 1, but I don't know what the rest of it was about.

And the penultimate question involved differentiating an expression for R to get the equation they had given - i don't know they were testing us on that, and you could only do it if you had derived the correct formulae from the first part of the question, which I don't think was very clear anyway - I didn't know if they wanted the gross or net formulae, and they asked you to simplify it (using the info given in the question) but I wasn't sure how far to go with the simplification.

There was also a question earlier on asking you to calc the bayes solution, and i think they wanted you to calc it in terms of p, (bacause they didn't give a distribution) but it wasn't clear

hopefully it will have a low pass mark :)

3. mattt78

mattt78 Member

CT6 Exam Paper April 2010

So what did other people think of the exam paper? Easy? Hard? Did you have enough time? Any suprises?

4. sonnyshook

sonnyshook Member

The examiners never cease to amaze with their different ways of getting us to work extremely hard for our exam passes.

5. MindFull

MindFull Ton up Member

Agreed on the below... See you in Sept.

6. mattt78

mattt78 Member

CT6 April 2010 =(

well i suppose its comforting that others didn't like it much either, although I think it was mainly the last two questions that I found odd. And there's always at least one odd question in any exam!

as for what else you can do black bird, if you've been doing ok on past papers and the Q&A bank, and been to a tutorial, I think there's not much else you can do, but try again next time and hope for better luck :) I expect lots of other people will be doing the same (quite possibly including me).

7. black_bird

black_bird Member

I failed =(

But 43% off the people who sat the exam have passed! So that means some of us find it quite okay.......