April 2010, Q14

Discussion in 'CT5' started by Rebecca.Thomas, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Just working through Q14 from the April 2010 paper and something is puzzling me about the claim expenses (on death):

- In part a, the solution appears to assume these expenses are paid immediately on death (and hence the corresponding assurance function has a bar above it)
    - In part b the solution appears to assume these expenses are paid at the end of year of death (and hence the corresponding assurance function does not have a bar above it)

Is there any reason behind this seemingly inconsistent approach? I feel like I'm missing something here!

2. This appears to be an inconsistency between ASET/Revision Notes and the Examiners' Report. I am primarily using the Revision Notes and had checked ASET for any explanation, where the solution was the same but didn't help me make any sense of the seemingly sudden change in assumptions. Having now check the Examiners' Report, this assumes throughout the Q that the expenses (on death) are paid immediately on death!

3. Mark Mitchell

Mark Mitchell Member

4. This has changed to 2012 materials already... where have the corrections to 2011 materials been hidden??

5. Mark Mitchell

Mark Mitchell Member

Yes - we've moved on the 2012 materials now (as we always do at this time of year when students start to think about studying new subjects for next year). The corrections for 2011 are incorporated into the 2012 materials.

I've attached the correction you want.

Attached Files:

6. Thank you :) I don't have the 2012 materials yet, at least not until after tomorrow's exam!

7. Actually, just realised these are CT5 specific... would you happen to know who I could contact for the CT4 corrections? (Although I doubt there's much hope of me getting my hands on these now lol)

8. Mark Mitchell

Mark Mitchell Member

This isn't necessarily every correction (I mean I'm not certain this is the final version), but it's something...!

Good luck!

Attached Files:

9. Cheers Mark - thanks for you help :D