April 2008

Discussion in 'CT2' started by MindFull, Apr 18, 2008.

1. MindFull

MindFull Ton up Member

How was it for everyone....
    I was a little shocked that there was barely anything to do with ratios or doing financial statements...

A lot to do with winding-up and such to reflect world economy???

:)

2. roshni

roshni Member

I wasted days practising all the income statement and balance sheet questions!
    :(

If the pass mark really is about 70% then I'm pretty sure I'll be resitting as I think I waffled too much on the penultimate question.

3. MindFull

MindFull Ton up Member

:eek:

Pass mark is 70%????? Darnit... I didn't know it was THAT high...Now I'm a little antsy...

4. leafy

leafy Member

It felt like a pretty straightforward paper to me, although I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. Not too much technical came up - very little in the way of calculations or areas that I would have considered to be the "tricky" areas... perhaps I missed something?

5. I thought the paper was quite tricky, I barely attempted the last question because at the time I had no clue how to answer it and time was running out. Made the decision to not attempt it and go back over the rest of the paper. Maybe not the smartest of decisions, never mind. Am I right in saying that a question of that format has never come up in any of the past papers?!

The rest of the paper was sooooo wordy and its definitely something I do not like. I'm genuinely glad most people found this tricky (that is the general consensus?).

I thought they took the pass mark of each paper as 70% of the average of the top 10% of marks?? I found something on the net that said as much. Could be wrong though. It might not be as high a mark if this is the case.

Roll on June!!:rolleyes:

6. MindFull

MindFull Ton up Member

I Passeddd

Yeahhhhh

But i failed CT4.. which was expected... but CT4 pass rate was high this year...61%

7. MindFull

MindFull Ton up Member