April 2006 Exam

Discussion in 'CT8' started by Erik, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Gareth

Gareth Member

i think your estimate is about right. It's just a waiting game now...

2. ekla_cholo_re

ekla_cholo_re Member

i think it will be probably 62-65%, in short wont be below 60%, it seems most of the people have found the paper very easy....apart from the BS question that is......lets see.....

3. Gareth

Gareth Member

i would be very surprised if it is so high. 109/CT8 has a very poor record in people passing it, which will tend to imply they can't raise the bar too high...

4. Sauny Bean

Sauny Bean Member

I agree and I think it will be in the 50s. Whilst it was fairer than the last 2 exams, I think it's easy to miss details out in the exam that the examiners are looking for that you didn't realise you'd missed in the heat of the exam situation. Also, you don't know how flexible examiners are in relation to relevant comments that aren't on the examiners solution. And you don't know how they are going to treat that question that sounds like it had a misprint in it.

This forum might also be self-selecting and attract more of those that have a higher than average interest in passing more quickly than the general actuarial student population.

5. scarlets

scarlets Member

I had a go at this paper yesterday whilst revising for the September exams and I don't think this was an easy paper at all.

6. hi5

hi5 Member

You can say that again for sure.

7. Dha

Dha Member

I just finished the last of the exam papers, and I can't get over how much easier the April paper was compared to all of the papers that had gone before it. There was a ridiculously high number of marks going for very easy bookwork. I don't think I'd have gotten the B-S question, but everything was else was very doable indeed.
    I hope this isn't a bad omen for the September exam! I find CT8 very tough in general.