April 08

Discussion in 'SP1' started by MissBeta, Apr 16, 2008.

1. MissBeta

MissBeta Member

So what did everyone think of this one?

Thought it was strange paper... didn't know what they were looking for with some of the Qs.... :(

2. Pragya

Pragya Member

I thought the same, the paper was hard. Any idea what the pass mark is for this course?

3. Pragya

Pragya Member

Did no one else find the exam to be hard?

4. Kail

Kail Member

Sorry to say

this but I thought it was actually ok. The numbers question could be done with GCSE maths and there were a fair bit of bookwork.

Ones I struggled with were the post code rating and reinsurance clauses questions.

5. Pragya

Pragya Member

I actually didn’t find the numbers question hard, but I thought it was ambiguous. Were we required to show the correlation matrix or calculate the capital requirement in part (b).

Also what did everyone think about, question 5 –the immediate care annuities. For the last part I wasn’t sure what to write.

6. pig

pig Member

I didn't know what to write for the reinsurance clause question neither... just said something on the line of inflation linked etc but definitely not anything that's worth 12 marks! :confused:

The numerical question wasn't difficult, but just strange that they put that in for the ST1 exam... it's not very relevant!

7. Anomaly

Anomaly Member

How did everyone fare with the paper? I think the reinsurance question killed me :(