Apr 2019 Q2 vi

Discussion in 'SA2' started by dazed and confused, Sep 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Just been reviewing the examiners' report for the most recent paper - April 2019.

For Q2 part vi under their first section "Literature" the last couple of points appear to imply that we should somehow be able to deduce from the question that the company has endowment assurance policies &/or mortgage-related policies.

I have scoured the question wording and have not been able to find any clues as to where I would conclude this from.

Am I missing something?

2. Em Francis

Em Francis ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi

You are right, it doesn't mention this specifically in the question but it does say it is a UK life company and with a heavy marked outline question you should be looking to provide relevant examples.
    The Core Reading (Chapter one) does provide the use of with-profits in mortgage endowments as an example of where policyholders may not have been treated fairly, ie due to being mis-sold. It is therefore reasonable for the examiners to expect you to come up with such a point. However, providing another relevant example may also have gained you the mark.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks
    Em