Apr 2011 Paper

Discussion in 'CT5' started by rshenoy, Apr 29, 2011.

1. rshenoy

rshenoy Member

I could kick myself for wasting 45 mins to prove monthly premium is 56, when initially I had got an answer of 55. The paper otherwise was simple. any consensus on pass marks? I should make about 58, enough?

2. md_25

md_25 Member

Rumours are that this paper requires a higher mark to pass than the other CTs, because every actuary should be able to do this kind of thing. My time management for this one was OK, had a decent stab at every question which I'm happy about

Thought the multiple decrement/unit linked projections/profit margin question was an awful lot of work for the marks available, especially when compared to the mortality profit one afterwards. The shorter questions beforehand weren't too bad either (except for that Kolmogorov one which I neglected to revise as I thought "hey this is just CT4 they won't ask about that" so I had to fake an answer)

3. FloWesh

FloWesh Member

Ya, this paper was a whole lot easier than most CT5 papers I have seen.
    I hope they dont use that fact to hung the passmark up to something as life threatening as a 70 :eek:

4. rshenoy

rshenoy Member

I wade past this eddy finally; so long for the view, but I've got rougher patches to hew!!