Appearing ST 7

Discussion in 'SP7' started by Broker Actuary, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Hi,

I work with a P&C Reinsurance intermediary

I am extensively involved in Reinsurance structuring, pricing, optimization, loss modeling, stochastic reserving etc.

I am also exposed to Solvency II,ILS,Retroactive Covers and other ART contracts. I have developed a better understanding of General (re)insurance business.

I have passed CT 1,2,3,6,7

Now I wish to take up ST7 as the subject covers many practical issues which I apply in my current role.

Am I on the right track? or should i first complete my CT series?

Thanks in advance.

2. Pede

Pede Member

Take it whenever you like. You're well ahead in terms of experience and you'll find plenty of it straightforward. I'd do ST8 at the same time. Lots of overlap.

3. mattt78

mattt78 Member

exam order

Just bear in mind the restrictions on taking CA2 and CA3. I think these days you can't do CA2 until you've finished the CTs, and for CA3 you need to have passed CA1 too (which it probably dones't make sense to take until you've at least attempted all the CTs anyway).

4. St 7

Thanks Pede and Mattt.

I am aware that without CT series I will not be able to give CA's.

But I will prefer to study what i like and which goes well with my job. Possibly I may go for CA 3 once I am through with ST's because I do not want to loose the GI track. (Please comment about this thought)

Thank you once again.