anyone sit CT1 in Sep 2012

Discussion in 'CT1' started by econkong, Apr 3, 2012.

1. econkong

econkong Member

Hi all,

I am a new student to the profession and will be sitting CT1 in Sep, anyone here also going to register it? :)

2. bystander

bystander Member

Tou'll be lonely for a while. The April sitting is in a couple of weeks and this is typically a first exam. Not many new starters in the profession just now but typically a flux around autumn with graduate intake.

3. econkong

econkong Member

Hi bystander, thank you for the information :)

4. KrisZ

KrisZ Member

Hi Econkong

I am new here as well. I will also be registering for September 2012. Why were you asking?

5. econkong

econkong Member

Hi KrisZ, I was curious because at the time I posted most ppl were preparing for the Apr exam:)

6. mc017

mc017 Member

Hello,

I'm also going to be registering and taking CT1 in Sept 2012! Just deciding whether to take CT3 with it or CT7.

7. KrisZ

KrisZ Member

I have read before that CT1 assumes previous knowledge of some parts of CT3 and advice was given to study both simultaneously. So, I'd say go for CT3.
    However, I cannot understand how CT3 can be a prerequisite for CT1...:confused: but I do know people who did CT3 before CT1.

Mc017, will you have time to prepare for both? Are you a trainee actuary doing the exams through the company while working?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2012
  8. kartik_newpro

kartik_newpro Member

A few last chapters of CT1 use concepts from CT3. CT3 is not a prerequisite. You can study both simultaneously. Even I am doing CT1 but will be sitting in November, Indian exams. Appeared 2 and 3 in the last sitting.

I havent reached that far in CT1 but, I think some basic statistics understanding will do for CT1. Just an opinion

9. bosium

bosium Member

frightened actuarial fresher

Yes, I'm on going for the same sitting, and I'm also a first-timer with completely no ActSci background. And worse still, I have just ordered so I first have to wait for my study pack. Will I make it? It there anyone else also as new to the subject?

And is there anyone from Lesotho around this forum? Just curious :eek:

10. econkong

econkong Member

Hi bosium, welcome:)

I guess it depends on how many other exams you are doing, if you are not doing many (say 3 maybe) in Sep I think you are totally fine as many people I know just started since theyv been waiting for the exam result:p

Having said that, its always good to make a start NOW, since wev never done any actuarial exams before, so an early start can give us more time to get used to this, and more importantly(at least to me) you wont need to be cramming in the last few weeks:)

11. bosium

bosium Member

Many thanks for the encouraging words. And lucky enough now I have received my study pack. Very tick - about 900 pages! And i'm starting on the 17th after commissioning a project was workng on. Good luck to all of you guys.

And yes, I als think, and it is actually almost certain, that the last sections of CT1 (Stochastic Interest Rates) will benefit from a CT3 background.:)