Anyone else a bit behind on their studies?

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by avanbuiten, Mar 1, 2008.

1. avanbuiten

avanbuiten Member

I'm sitting ST5, SA3 and CA3. As yet I have another 6 chapter on st5 to go, and 3 for sa3, plus I haven't done all the assignments or Q&A yet for material I have covered! Am I the only one?

2. ALEX_AK

ALEX_AK Member

You are not alone

Hey, I must really salute to you. You are taking 3 papers all at one go? I think that's a lot to me. I am still clearing the CT papers. I am taking 2 CTs but I have only covered up till half of each... Getting a bit worried.

3. MindFull

MindFull Ton up Member

Oh wow.... glad I'm not the only one... Taking CT4 and CT2... one part left for CT4, but 2 parts left for CT2...that's bad huh...

Hopefully my study days (which I'm just starting) will pay off...;)

4. didster

didster Member

Avanbuiten,

Hats off to you.
    I'm taking ST5 and CA3 and struggling, but I can't complain now that I know you're doing both those with SA3.

Good luck!!!

5. taking Ct 1, 3 and 7...... feel like time is running away.....still to work out on Ct 3.... 1 nd 7 gng gud.... don't know whether will b able do all in time...:eek:

6. bystander

bystander Member

If any of you want to cut your losses, now's the time to do it. For people in the UK, you can withdraw from an exam before the closing date - form on actuaries website - and get your money back in full.

Going for broke and getting one pass may be better than 2 or more FAs.

Of course, often comes down to what your employer wants!

Couple of mentions of CA3... remember what they keep saying.. no use taking a flier at it. You need loads of practise.

7. Kolonel

Kolonel Member

CT4, 6 and 8! I’ve equations running through my head at night! :eek: I strongly advise anyone waiting to do these exams NOT to do them together! I've still got part 4 on CT8 to go over but I've got 4 and 6 well covered. And I've been at it non-stop since October, assignements and all. :(

8. avanbuiten

avanbuiten Member

At least read the course notes the night before the exam (takes about 90 minutes).

9. MissAussie

MissAussie Member

I'm severely behind! only doing CT7 (economics) but have only studied 1/4 of the course :(