Age at the birthday in the calendar year, can anyone help me?

Discussion in 'CT4' started by Lilit, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Lilit

Lilit Member

I've looked through the exam questions and have come across to the following question:
    For the following definition state the average age x+f to which the estimated value of qx+f applies.
    Age at the birthday in the calendar year of entry plus calendar year of death minus calnedar year of entry.
    I wonder how can it be worked out to get the result " age next birthday at the previous 1 January".
    I don't get this complicated part thoroughly:(

Can anyone help me as soon as possible?

2. Ankmola

Ankmola Member

Hello:

Check if this helps: to start with, break down the problem into two parts - a) CY means 1 Jan should be a coordinate and b) interpretation of Current CY - CY of entry as "next birthday".

Let's address (a): as the condition is CY, we need to 'translate' it to a common denominator, the start of the rate interval i.e. 1 Jan. It can't be any other!

Now over to (b): "Age at birthday in the CY - CY of entry" will be the age in years i.e. if a person was born in 1980 and this year is 2009, the birthday falls in 2009 and with a coordinate of 1 Jan, it will be the age next birthday on 1 Jan.

I hope this clarifies.

Best, A

3. Lilit

Lilit Member

Thanks,
    Probably it will help, I'll try to check it on other questions:)