Advice

Discussion in 'SP6' started by Erik, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Erik

Erik Member

Hi everyone. I just wrote CT8 in April and I will attempt ST6 in September.

Any advice from people who passed already or nearly missed. I've got Hull and plan to use it actively as part of my studies. I also ordered the solutions manual. Would you reckon the end of chapter excercises are wort h while?

Please, just give constructive advice. I don't need to be reminded of how difficult, unfair or whatever the reason you failed, this subject is.

Thanks.
    Erik

2. Gareth

Gareth Member

Hull is the bible of ST6. Read every word of every chapter, attempt all worked examples, read the appendices and do the end of chapter questions.

Also read most of Baxter & Rennie...the actual core reading is of limited relevence imo.

3. Or, if you can wait for another sitting then (as I understand) chunks of Hull and Baxter and Rennie become the official Core Reading and text books, i.e. there is no centrally produced Core Reading by the Institute. I would imagine that the Core Reading would then revert to being the old CiD items plus maybe a few chapters now needed due to the moving around of syllabi. This may reduce some of the uncertainty that others have faced, but is no guarantee.

I agree with Gareth though that Hull seems to be a very important addition to the Core Reading. You may want to ask ActEd / the Institute if there is a way for ST6 students to get hold of the Teachers' manual as well as the Students' manual for Hull as this seems to be only available to bona fide educational tutors.