Advice

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by henwood13, Oct 3, 2007.

1. henwood13

henwood13 Member

I'm new to the actuarial world and am starting to think about what exams I'm going to take in April, more specifically how many. Originally my thought was to take CT1 and CT2 however I'm now tempted to take on CT3 as well.

As a new student would you recommend taking on three exams in my first sitting, or would that be taking on too much at the start?

What advice would you give with the benefit of hindsight and your own experiences?

2. bystander

bystander Member

If you apply yourself it is do-able. I know people who chip off 3 CTs at a time. I easn't so lucky; ended dropping a subject before the exam and got in a complete muddle.

Consider your background eg if it's statistical Ct3 might be relatively easy for you.

Don't do it simply because others are trying it. It's your decision. You wouldn't want 3FAs rather than 2 passes!

But it is a slightly longer run to the exams.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

3. henwood13

henwood13 Member

Yes, this is definately the dilemma. I feel as though I've probably covered half the material in CT3 already (having done a maths degree and although I avoided statistics I did do some). With the extra time in the run up to April it seems like a good oppurtunity to get as much out of the way as possible but as you say, 2 passes could easily turn into 3 FA's.

4. pig

pig Member

3 CTs definitely do-able. If you have started early (like you do now) and practice lots of past papers you should be fine.