Advice after poor result in past paper close to exam

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by ActuaryGirl, Apr 8, 2021.

1. ActuaryGirl

ActuaryGirl Made first post

Hi all.

I’m sitting CS2 in 1.5 weeks.

I did the Acted Mock end of March and got it properly marked by Acted with a total of 54 where B score was 45. So as a guess a close fail but I was like not too far off and I still have time!

Today after going through the tutorial notes I tried a Y1 assignment and got a score between 30-40 :( I don’t know exactly what as hard to mark myself but either way not good. I’m feeling a bit disheartened now. Especially about paper B.

Does anyone have any advice? I’m still fairly new to these exams. I know I should probably redo it but it feels like it won’t be real as I’ve seen the solutions etc.

thanks!

2. Darrell Chainey

Darrell Chainey ActEd Tutor Staff Member

I would definitely have another go, especially at the parts you didn't get right. The whole point of attempting questions is to find things you haven't quite grasped yet so that you can learn from your mistakes. It's always worth checking you can get more marks the second time around. Leave it a couple of days and then have another go.
    Please don't be down on yourself. Much better to have an off day now than on exam day. And I'm only speculating, but Y1 covers the first half of the course and so perhaps you're just a bit rusty with some of the material your studied s a while ago.
    Keep practising as many questions as you can.

You can only do your best.
    Good luck.

pjlee01 likes this.