Actuary UK vs Actuary India

Discussion in 'India' started by rahulchicku, Jan 7, 2011.

1. rahulchicku

rahulchicku Member

Hi all,
    I am a student member of IAI(india) and looking forward to becom a member Actuary(uk). I have some general querries-:

1) Am I a eligible candidate to join Actary,Uk??
    (I did Bachelor of Enggineering, electrical with First class Hons.)

2)Can I pay the amount by Demamd Draft form to join the Uk membership?

3) Are the Uk exams easier to pass than Indian exams?( in terms of level of questions asked and marking scheme)

4)While applying for jobs can I mention in my resume 2-3 subject passed from India and 2-3 from Uk...? Do I need to take exemption from all the subjects passed and mention either of Society not both?

Please help me out.....Thanks in advance!!!!

2. Muppet

Muppet Member

1: it sounds like it. Just check their entry requirements: www.actuaries.org.uk
    2: suggest you ask the Profession
    3: they are supposed to be equivalent. I certainly doubt that they are any easier.
    4: Suggest you don't try to deceive. The truth will come out at interview and if it looks as though you've tried to be economical with the truth it will look bad. So eg nothing wrong with saying you have passes in CT1, 2,and 3 with the IAI.

3. rahulchicku

rahulchicku Member

Thanks for your reply......

->Reply 4:
    Its not about being economical.What I want to ask is -Can I show paasing of exams(some from one society and some from other) from a no. of institutes/socities rather than getting exemptions from all institutes/socities ?? Will I be considered as an actuary in that case???......I think now i make u understand my question.