Actuarial table- hard copy

Discussion in 'CT1' started by dhvanil, Mar 2, 2013.

1. dhvanil

dhvanil Member

Can i take Actuarial table in CT-1 exam. I mean it is allowed na to take?

Going to appear for Certificate in financial mathematics from The Actuarial Profession without being member.

2. Hobbs

Hobbs Member

If they let you set the exam, they will provide you with a copy of the Tables book.

You actually don't take much with you at all. See the exam documentation on the society website.

I'm not sure what the deal is with sitting exams without being a member...

3. Tim.Sullivan

Tim.Sullivan Member

I took CT1 as a non-member in Sept 2012. Anyone can register for that exam - there are no restrictions.

You'll receive a letter a couple of weeks before the exam including your exam entry permit -this contains all the info you'll need. On the day you only need to take the entry permit, your calculator and a pen - they provide the orange book of tables and paper.

Hope that helps.

Tim

4. dhvanil

dhvanil Member

Reply : Hey thanks a lot . I am from India,U really think exam checking style in UK is different dan in India. What is the result if we compare both.

[QUOTE=Tim.Sullivan;28465]I took CT1 as a non-member in Sept 2012. Anyone can register for that exam - there are no restrictions.

You'll receive a letter a couple of weeks before the exam including your exam entry permit -this contains all the info you'll need. On the day you only need to take the entry permit, your calculator and a pen - they provide the orange book of tables and paper.

Hope that helps.

Tim[/QUOTE]

5. Tim.Sullivan

Tim.Sullivan Member

Hi sorry, I don't know the answer to that. I think it would be best for you to check with the Indian Actuarial Society if you are sitting the exam there.