actuarial-lookup.co.uk - candidate searching and exam analytics

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by americcilo, Feb 20, 2016.

1. americcilo

americcilo Member

I finally found what I was looking for: a colleague just informed me of a site that allows you to search for candidate passing information (but not exemptions) . The site also has analytics relating to pass rates, etc.

It looks like it's similar to the popular lookup website for North American actuarial exams (SOA/CAS) see - www.actuarial-lookup.com.

Anyway, the website appears to be new and currently is up-to-date with 2015 passing information.

Check it out:
    www.actuarial-lookup.co.uk

2. hperth

hperth Member

3. hperth

hperth Member

Looks like they've just added travel time analysis to the site.

Average time from CT1 to Fellowship qualification is 3.97 years. To Associateship is 3.54 years.
    You can see that here: http://actuarial-lookup.co.uk/analytics/query2?exam=ct1

I was quite surprised to see it so low. I would have thought it would be around 5 years. For the North American exams under the SOA, the average travel time from start to finish is almost 6 years according to: http://actuarial-lookup.com/?q=3

Well, it looks like I still have about 2 more years to go then!

4. Hemant Rupani

Hemant Rupani Senior Member

If I'm analysing Charts correctly, they've confounded students-with-exam-exemptions data.

average Travel time is higher than we can see there.

5. hperth

hperth Member

I wondered about that too. They are looking at the difference in dates between passing CT1 and qualifying for the Fellowship designation so I suppose in instances where an individual passed exams via exemptions before passing CT1, then their travel time would be underestimated.

But the dates that exam exemptions were granted are not public so there is nothing this site can do. Unless they did some sort of parametric fitting and tried to extrapolate dates of exam exemptions. That's a bit of a stretch though.

I like the analysis on the site though. The IFoA should consider giving the creators the data they need to complete the analysis- to the extent this doesn't breach privacy concerns.