Actuarial calculators

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Leila, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Leila

Leila Member

I am really annoyed that they have only just done this... I have now acquired 3 calculators during my actuarial studies, none of which are on the list...
    I daren't sit an exam without at least one back up, so now I have to buy two calculators... Hopefully work will pay for one of them?
    Anyway, which ones do people recommend?
    One of my Casio calculators has the distribution function which I have found useful in stats exams instead of laboriously using the tables... I suppose most of the calculators on the list have similar functions, but feedback from anyone would be gratefully received.

2. CA2 student

CA2 student Member

3. Apple

Apple Member

Chill Out

Seriously it isn't that bad. My calculator broke down during a numerical exam and I still passed! It isn't until 2008 anyway and you barely need a calc post CT subjects. I would recommend not acting until early 2008 as I imagine they will update the list, we spotted that one calculator on the list wasn't available to buy in the shops as a newer model had since come out. I know we all crave that nifty financial one, just to stroke of course, wouldn't have a clue what to do with it!