ActEd text in CT7 notes......

Discussion in 'CT7' started by King, Jan 11, 2006.

1. King

King Member

I’m studying this course at the moment and am being slowed down by the huge amount of ActEd padding to the core reading – much of which doesn’t seem to address any syllabus objectives. Can anyone who has studied this course previously advise whether skimming the ActEd text is a good tactic, or should it be treated as material to learn fully alongside the core reading? Opinions?

2. Cymro Card

Cymro Card Member

Yes and no!

I found that as the later chapters are all connected to each other, I didn't start to get a complete understanding until I finished reading all the notes. In which case I would recommend getting some understanding of all chapters first (maybe by using the Core Reading and examples).

However I wouldn't skip the extra Acted notes entirely as these do give better explanations to concepts addressed in the core reading.

Finally, I would recommend looking at a few past papers quite early on to see examples how one question pulls in information from different chapters (which is a bit different from the other CT papers where each question comes from a different chapter)

Enjoy!!

3. avanbuiten

avanbuiten Member

CT7 was a favourite exam of mine. I wouldn't advise skipping notes but from my experience you can learn the course through Q & A, X - assignments and past exam papers.

There is very rarely any surprises in this exam - so if you can score well on past papers you should pass the real thing easily.

If there were any chapters I wouldn't rush through, they would be the ones on Macro-econmic relationships - since you do have to understand this to be able to work out the likely affects of say rising inflation on short term interest rates and levels of unemployment, etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2006
  4. Monkey_Mike

Monkey_Mike Member

Hi

When I did CT7 i found that i ended up reading the whole course twice, just because there was so much to fit in

smart revise helped a lot too