ActEd Student App

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Simon James, May 11, 2016.

1. Simon James

Simon James ActEd Tutor Staff Member

We are pleased to let you know we have a new (free) app available for iOS devices on the Apple App store, and Android devices on the Google Play store

All of ActEd's online services and sources of information at your fingertips in one convenient app. You can quickly access ActEd's forums, online store, MyTest, virtual learning environment (VLE), tutorial maps, contact information and contact form, Facebook, Twitter, and lots more!

Click HERE for Apple iOS

Click HERE for Google Android

This is a new service and we would love to hear your feedback so we can develop and improve the app.

2. Hemant Rupani

Hemant Rupani Senior Member

Great! I like the app :) I hope I'll get Forum Notification to the app itself, better than to e-mail.

1) Universal ID: there should be a single universal ID, otherwise this app is like browser with lots of home bookmarks.

2) Acronym App size: it is not a good fit to my android device... I've Samsung Galaxy Grand.

3) YouTube Search: there should be a search option from your YouTube channel.

4) I couldn't post from Android App :(

3. deepakraomore

deepakraomore Member

Its not saving credentials. Each time it asks for login/sign in. For me I have to sign up each time instead login

4. Simon James

Hi Deepak - it should remember you. DM me the type of device and OS and I'll investigate. Thanks

5. FloWesh

FloWesh Member

H
    Hi, my app does NOT remember me either. I have to keep logging in which is frustrating.
    I'm using it on iPhone iOS.

6. Infinity

Infinity Member

I can't even open the app via the link. iOS. Just takes me to a blank safari page

C.if likes this.
  7. Simon James

Hi - which link are you using? The Apple iOS link should take you to iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/acted-student/id1108064263?mt=8

Else you can open up the App Store on your device and search for ActEd Student

8. Infinity

Infinity Member

Link still doesn't work but I've found it in the Apple Store. Can't log in though or retrieve my password. What's the username? Is it my email or forum name?

9. Simon James

"Sign up" on the app using your name, email and choice of password. For privacy, the app is not linked to this forum or your ActEd/IFoA student number.

10. NewStudent

NewStudent Active Member

Is the website version working?