Acted revision material

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Intension, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Intension

Intension Member

Can any of you offer opinions on the acted revision notes and flash cards? Namely whether you think they are very useful?

Thanks in advance

2. Helen83

Helen83 Member

I don't know about the flashcards as I have never used them, but I have found the revision notes very useful. The past questions go back to '99 or '00 and they are updated for any changes in the syllabus.

Also, the questions are grouped by topic. So your revision sessions can involve focussing on a particular part of the course and getting really good at it. It also helps you spot the kind of questions that come up again and again.

If I remember correctly, for some of the Maths subjects, the notes have techniques/tips on how to answer certain types of questions.

For each chapter, your knowledge of the core reading is tested through questions. The core reading is then given as the answers to the questions. (If that makes sense!)

3. I had both for CA1. The flashcards were okay, but it's the revision books that I'd recommend everyone get. They're organised nicely, have all the key reading material and questions by topic. Also small enough to fit in your bag and read on the train really easily.

4. calibre2001

calibre2001 Member

This might sound like a silly question but why hasn't Acted created a revision notebook series for the SA papers? I bet it would help a great deal.

5. Cymro Card

Cymro Card Member

I suspect that it's because the questions don't break down into topics as easily - most answers to a qution (for SA2 at least) would nead to consider a range of ideas from different areas