A Paper from Hell - Nov 2007 (India)

Discussion in 'CT8' started by Oxymoron, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Ton up Member

A test of grit is the only way to explain this. Apparently, no body passed this paper out of the 150 odd who gave it a shot back then. A must do to test one's CT-8 comfort level.

I've attached the paper with this post.

Attached Files:

2. DevonMatthews

DevonMatthews Member

Is this a joke?

3. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Ton up Member

I wish it was! :D

4. DevonMatthews

DevonMatthews Member

There is nothing hard about that paper. The IAI exams are generally ridiculously easy exams compared to the IOA. Eg. the October 2009 paper for CT8 was easier than CT1.

5. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Ton up Member

hmm, I'd say that depends on the diet and the pass mark. I'm done with the IOA papers from 2005 till 2010 and I can't say I found one quite as challenging as this. I was caught off guard for ~ 35 marks worth doing this as a mock paper (and as its turned out, everybody else who wrote this exam too!). Maybe its the difference in the nature of preparation?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  6. DevonMatthews

DevonMatthews Member

It was more likley that you didn't happen to be as well prepared for 'these' questions.. theres nothing hard on this exam. I really can't believe that 0% of candidates passed this exam, there are alot of easy marks on it.

7. manish_rex

manish_rex Member

The paper was indeed tough in some areas...problem was unfamiliarity with many type of questions, may be ppl were not very used to the kind of derivations required..otherwise , there was scope of getting marks.

Howver, if the pass mark was set high, preety much possible none could pass...

Again , saying that IAI exams are easier is not correct , if one goes by the general pass percentage and quality of questions asked..

8. bystander

bystander Member

At the end of the day, I'd say stick to practising qns fron your own body, be it India, Uk etc.

Any exam subject can through up a 'tough' paper. You just have to be prepared for everything. If you understand your subject rather than rely on solely memorising formula and past solution methods, you should be OK.

Never heard of a zero pass rate except where there were very few entrants but heh, some pass rates are frequently as low as 30%.

So the moral is be prepared!