A lot to learn...

Discussion in 'CA1' started by 2bfrank, Jan 10, 2010.

1. 2bfrank

2bfrank Member

Hi,

I am making good head way through the Q&A and assignments annotating my already made notes as I go. On average I have 2 or 3 sides of notes per chapter inc. acronyms etc, so probably looking at 130 or so sides for the whole course.

How would people recommend the best way to learn this. Is it just going to a matter of cramming as much in as possible or are there any parts of the course that question practice will suffice?

Any advice on how to tackle this looming part of studying for CA1 would be appreciated,

Frank

2. Mark Willder

Mark Willder ActEd Tutor Staff Member

It sounds like you are making excellent progress so far. The important thing is to keep the studying active so that you will remember what you've read. Writing notes, attempting questions, and getting feedback are all good ways to actively study.

Looking forward to revision, the most important thing to do is to attempt lots of past exam questions. Most questions are applications, rather than repetition of the bookwork, so practice of these types of questions is the key. I think this applies equally to all parts of the course.

You still need to know the bookwork to be able to apply it. Attempting questions will help you to remember it, but using your written notes is important too. The course is probably too long to re-read in your revision, so stick to your written summaries.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Mark

3. bystander

bystander Member

Your acronyms will be very helpful come revision. Try mind maps of key ideas too. If you can picture that, you can then filter the ideas that are relevant in the given scenario. Mark is so right.... you have to tailor the bookwork to apply it in non-standard scenarios. 'Regurgitation' alone isn't what you need - understand and apply.

I wouldn't necessarily annotate the notes. Can be a long read... keep seperately with cross reference to where in the course should you want to refer.

Whatever means achieve this for YOU go for it.