6 days roughly for our exam!! What should be we doing now?

Discussion in 'CT1' started by Vinayak Sabharwal, Sep 19, 2016.

1. I am just getting nervous and tensed when it comes to exams. I start feeling I am less prepared and should get my act together!
    So what I be doing right now for the exam?

2. bystander

bystander Member

Just keep your mental agility fresh. Go over formulae etc and some question practise. I used to have a relatively quiet week in the run up to the exams so didn't put myself through pressure like mocks at that stage. Some quick Q&A questions from the bank may help just keep your confidence. Remember, on the day, be positive. You've done your prep, deep breath, use your reading time well to assess the paper, then stay calm and plough on in! Good luck! The first one you sit is always the worst for nerves, but you can do it.
    Don't be distracted if others are cramming. Do these exams in a way that works for you and that for me meant no cramming the night before.

3. Jinnentonix

Jinnentonix Member

How would your answer change for the very last day before the exam? I'm in a situation where I have done a large number of past papers and I'm STILL learning things as I go along. I feel as though it will be difficult to get 100% in the exam.

In other words, what would you spend the last 3-4 hours of study time before the exam doing?

Thanks for any help.

4. bystander

bystander Member

For me, typically nothing except maybe recite a few formulae. At that stage, anything more than that got me flustered. And you don't need 100% to pass! Be comforted that you know the course well, have practised loads and ready for the challenge of exam day. Give your brain a rest. Marathon runners don't do one extra marathon the day before, and these exams are that - a marathon! Like training only day before, rest and good brain food.

Jinnentonix likes this.